Sashimi of Salmon and Avocado Salad
Servings: 2 to 3
Total Time: 20 min.
½ bunch cilantro, cleaned and stemmed
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 jalapeño pepper, halved
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ head lettuce
6 pieces salmon (sushi-grade), sliced into rectangles
- Blanch the cilantro in boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove and
immediately place in ice water.
- Remove the cilantro from the water, and place in a blender with the
olive oil and jalapeño. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Cut the avocado into 1-inch cubes, and place in a mixing bowl. Add
the cilantro mixture, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
- Arrange the lettuce in circles on 2 to 3 small plates, and place the
avocado pieces in the center of each.
- Place the salmon on top of the avocados. Pour the cilantro mixture
over the top of the salmon. Serve.